Anyone else see this? I wanted to watch it when it came to theaters here in HK, but was sort of dreading a big letdown.
My wife and I eventually got around to seeing it on the big screen and I enjoyed it a lot. Plenty of inconsistencies and plot holes*, but still pretty enjoyable for me.
* Where does the gravity throughout the ship come from? Some parts of the Icarus are spinning but not, apparently, the crew section. Gravity generators?
* Too many stuff to deal with the intruder to count ... like why nobody bothered to count the number of charred corpses in the first ship's observation deck and compare that number with the number of original crew. Also, why didn't anybody stand guard near the airlock? Why no CCTV cameras near the airlock? Motion detectors at least?
* Why can apparently anyone order the ship's flight computer to do all kinds of dangerous/lethal stuff?
* Why are the mainframe bits so easily removed from coolant? No locks on the door to the mainframe room?
* Why was Capa the only one that could set off the bomb? It was just a matter of turning a key and pressing a few buttons (no intense calculations or physicist-y stuff)?
Still, I enjoyed it.