Y'all are a bunch of wankers!

Charting type -- the rectangles in like a surface map

Anyone know what this type of charting is called? Where it's a rectangle filled with various rectangles, grouped into areas grouped by significance, and spaced according to what the "volume" type axis is?
Permalink DF 
January 30th, 2008 2:52pm
A mess?
Permalink man on the stair 
January 30th, 2008 2:53pm
I lost some links for visualization, but you might want to check out Tufte's works.
Permalink Peter 
January 30th, 2008 2:56pm
Bar chart?
Permalink Aaron 
January 30th, 2008 3:11pm
SequoiaView calls it "squarified treemaps" or "cushion treemaps":
Permalink Philip 
January 30th, 2008 3:12pm
The University of Maryland also calls them treemaps:
Permalink Philip 
January 30th, 2008 3:15pm
Aha! Treemap is exactly it. Thank yee kindly!
Permalink DF 
January 30th, 2008 3:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other topics: January, 2008 Other topics: January, 2008 Recent topics Recent topics