Senate bill in progress.
- All user accounts and posts on the internet will be required to have authenticated location verification.
- All social media will be required to verify identity of accounts using state issued identification and identity numbers. Accounts will be required to maintain and verify the real name of the person making the account and that he or she personally performs each action associated with the account. Failure to do so will be prosecuted against the social media company as a violation of "SEC disclosure rules".
- All this info must be archived and available to law enforcement etc on a per-request basis (no warrant needed).
- Certain services such as Google Maps will be classified as public utilities.
- Anyone commenting on political issues will be subject to mandatory federal disclosure requirements.
- Companies will have to disclose all their ranking, voting and other proprietary algorithms to government auditors.