Why do Post Office employees in the US go on shooting sprees so many times? Is there something in the work or the water you give them that makes them wanna go crazy? I've never seen anything like that anywhere else.
Or do you only hire psycopats to do the job?
Some Random Dude
January 31st, 2006 12:24pm
A friend of mine works as a driver for the Estonian post office.
Trust me, postal workers are all insane.
"...because the mail never STOPS!"
January 31st, 2006 1:57pm
Oh. Found the whole thing.
"Because the mail never stops. Everyday it piles up more and more and more! And you gotta get it out but the more you get out the more it comes in. Then the bar code reader breaks and PUBLISHER'S CLEARING HOUSE DAY!"
January 31st, 2006 2:00pm
I was told, by a postal worker, that it's because of all the Vietnam Vets working at the post office.
Not that I believe it. That guy was nuts.
He was right. I think all the previous postal killers were ex-Marines. Here's the portrait of an ex-Marine:
1) High self-esteem
2) Treated like crap because he has personality issues
3) Dedicated enough to get through Parris Island and become a Marine
4) Taught by TV ads, recruiters, and drill sergeants that being a Marine is the epitome of what life is about
5) Due to personality issues (see 2), drummed out of the Corps.
6) Yep - the United States held the carrot up, let you taste it, then snatched it away saying you're not good enough. In the process they made you a trained killing machine.
7) Given a bus ticket and told to go packing
Sound like a recipe for a healthy, well-adjusted citizen?
January 31st, 2006 7:11pm